Policy & Limits of Liability
FOR COMPLETE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PLEASE READ OUR “MOVING AGREEMENT”
1. The customer or his representative must be present during the move and final “walk-throughs.” Our time runs continuously until payment is completed. Having your check or cash ready will save you time and money.
2. You must pay in full at finish of job, and any damage claims must be noted on the contract and followed up by a phone call from customer to office.
3. We only move empty freezers and aquariums.
4. If the move requires work other than the job description, SD Movers reserves the right to fulfill other obligations before completing additional work.
5. We reserve the right to send extra men to complete a job in 10 hours or if a job is running past 10 p.m. The customer will be charged accordingly.
6. We reserve the right to limit our work day to 12 hours.
7. We do not move pianos up or down stairs. We can move small pianos when there are three steps or a short flight that is not longer than the measurement equal to the length of the piano.
8. SD Movers will not do anything that we feel is unsafe.
9. If SD Movers feels pressure from the customer to rush, all work shall cease until the pressure is removed. Pressure results in damage and injury.
10. For safety reasons, small children and pets must be out of work area.
11. We are often asked to perform tasks that border on the impossible. SD Movers will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, overcrowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
12. SD Movers will move no flammables or hazardous material due to safety laws.
13. Simulated wood products and pressed board have poor structural integrity which does not lend itself to moving or repair. We will move these items carefully but cannot be responsible for damage of simulated wood or pressed board furniture.
LIMITS OF LIABILITY
1. The condition of any item(s) boxed by customer are not insured by SD Movers and is the responsibility of the customer.
2. SD Movers shall in no way be responsible for the working condition of electronic equipment, grandfather clocks, or any other piece of mechanical equipment.
3. The right is reserved by SD Movers to repair or replace any damaged item(s).
4. SD Movers will not be responsible for damage caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to, standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over-crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
5. SD Movers shall not be responsible for damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, mechanical drawings, securities, currency, money, bullion, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables, paintings, statuary, or other works of art; or property carried gratuitously or as an accommodation. The process of removing drawers must be done in the presence of the customer or their agent.
6. SD Movers shall not be responsible for damage resulting when moving household items that have deteriorated such as but not limited to lamp shades, mattresses, electrical wiring, etc.
7. SD Movers shall not be responsible for plants or pets.
8. SD Movers assumes no liability or responsibility for any items and cargo placed in the customer’s own vehicle or rental equipment and which SD Movers does not transport.
9. SD Movers may use dollies to move heavy objects such as but not limited to pianos, appliances, items over 300 lbs., etc. Any floor surfaces including but not limited to parquet, hardwood, ceramic, marble, entrance halls, etc. and any damage that may result to soft floors, such as, but not limited to, indentation, scuff marks, etc., are not the responsibility of SD Movers.
10. SD Movers will not connect washer/dryer, or ice makers. You or your representative must check or accept any plumbing connections. Any assistance we give is as a courtesy only. Water and drain connections are the responsibility of the user.
11. SD Movers cannot be responsible for the working condition of major appliances.
12. SD Movers cannot be responsible for dents or scratches on major appliances. They are covered by a thin metal that has an extreme affinity to dent and scratch.
13. SD Movers will not repair pressed board or simulated wood furniture. Much of the budget priced furniture today is made from a pressed wood or wood byproduct material w/ a photograph of wood grain attached. This type of material is not structurally strong, especially if it has screws. It is not repairable and we have seen it crumble from the smallest vibrations riding in a truck across town. We will do our best to move it successfully for you.
We never overbook – During the end of the month most our business comes from last minute customers whose movers don’t show up or is almost 5-6 hours late. Don’t be surprised, it happens. We NEVER overbook, period.
We never under staff – We always recommend three or four men crew for an average apartment move. It might appear cheaper to use less crew but it has been documented that using right number of movers is more cost effective at the end. Fewer hours of labor and less fatigued movers simply means less money spent, a safer moving and peace of mind.
Our prices are rock bottom for the quality of service we render, have always been and will always be.